Recently, I wrote about natural beauty products...and about my love for one particular little company that makes the most delicious of bodily confections. And you are going to be so excited at what I am about to tell you :)
We're doing a Prairieland Herbs giveaway! Weeeeeeeee!
You can see the yummy giveaway goodness in the photo above:
- Lavender Vanilla Soap: their soap is AMAZING. I would tell you all my favorite "flavors, but it's pretty much all of them. If you've been looking for an alternative to traditional shampoo...they have fantastic shampoo bars. Basically, if you're a handmade soap lover, you just can't go wrong.
- Summerberry Lotion Bar: have you ever been jumping out of the shower in the morning and wished that you had a really quick way to put on lotion without getting your hands greasy?! I used to wish that...and then I found these lotion bars. Just grab it, swipe it on, and go!). I love the summerberry, but they're all great.
- Lavender and Vanilla solid perfume: most perfumes have all kinds of nastiness in them...I love that these are full of goodness. Their patchouli solid perfume is delightful as well!
- Berry Cheek Gloss: This is one of my long-time favorites...because it can be used for both cheek color and lip color. Anytime I can combine one product for two uses...I'm for it! Good stuff.
Prairieland Herbs is a mother-daughter team, Donna Julseth and Maggie Julseth Howe. Here is a little more about their fantastic company...in their own words:
We started Prairieland Herbs as an official, full-time business in September, 1998. In July, 1999 we moved into the renovated shop you see here. We did all the renovations ourselves, except for the electrical work, drywall and pouring the concrete. We figure it's one of the few buildings in central Iowa built almost entirely by female labor??
We have almost 2 acres of land, which is filled by Donna's house, various outbuildings, and gardens everywhere. We grow a wide variety of perennial and annual herbs and flowers, and spend our summers planting, mulching, harvesting, and drying herbs and flowers for use in our herbally infused oils and other herbal preparations, as well as dried flowers bouquets and wreaths.
We create, bottle, label, package and ship your orders entirely by hand, ourselves. All our herbal products are made in small batches, using fresh, natural, food-grade ingredients (except the fragrance oils). Our kitchen is filled with bags of herbs, bottles of oils, jars of honey, buckets of oatmeal, salts, sugars, and much more - simple raw ingredients that are recognizable and understandable - no scary synthetics, preservatives, or petroleum by-products.When you place an order with us, chances are we will make up your product on the very day we ship it. Freshness, quality, and customer service are what sets us apart from the rest.
Seriously...how cool is it that they will "make up your product on the day they ship it"?! Yum. And even better...right now (through the end of August), they are running a $5 flat rate shipping special. AND...if you mention my blog, they will include extra samples of their other products in your order. So take advantage of that too! They also have natural baby products and pet products as well...so be sure to browse around their site and check it all out.
I've been using their products for 5 years and I LOVE it all. I'm so excited to be able to spread the love. I have personally been to their adorable little farm and store IN PERSON...and it's wonderful :) Donna and Maggie are just as fabulous as their products.
To enter your name into the drawing...simply leave a comment below and answer one (or both) of the following questions:
1. What was your favorite movie of the summer? 2. What was your favorite book of the summer?
I always love hearing what other people are watching/reading...so this should be fun :) I will randomly choose the winner on September 4, so you have until midnight on September 3 to enter.