Whew! It's finished...our little 1983 Winnebago Diesel Minnie Winnie is officially on the road! We are currently in northern Minnesota staying with Matt's parents. After that, we head to Minneapolis, then to Iowa to be with my family. Then on to Nebraska and Colorado to visit friends.
Here is a list of all the things my amazing husband upgraded in the RV:
- Painted cupboards
- Painted walls (with leftover paint from our house)
- Installed bamboo hardwood flooring
- Removed the stove and created shelving for more storage
- Installed new countertop
- Re-laminated dinette table
- Slipcovered couch and dinette seating
- Painted all hinges silver
- Sewed new curtains for all windows
- Installed new front seats
- Replaced carpet in cab
- Installed flat screen TV with built in DVD on a swing arm
- Engine improvements: Installed new alternator
- Upgraded entire electrical system
The practical details:
- Matt and Bella share a closet for their clothes and Lucy and I share the other closet. The closets are the 2 cabinets on either side of the door.
- The space under the countertop (where the oven used to be) houses my Vita-Mix, juicer, food processor, and other random items.
- The only thing we didn't update was the bathroom. The shower, sink, and toilet are all in one tiny room...you pull a shower curtain around everything to protect it from getting wet...so we didn't want to paint those walls.
- Bella rides in the passenger seat in her booster. Lucy rides in her car seat in the dinette (there are 2 seatbelts there).
- All of my pantry foods and kitchen items fit nicely above the kitchen area. I was pleasantly surprised. The fridge is a dorm sized fridge, which is challenging at times. I'm sure it would be perfect for someone not doing raw foods, but for us it's a little tight.
- Fun fact: Matt sewed all of the curtains. Like I said, he's amazing.